Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The time is drawing near!!

We are getting so excited!! The anticipation is building. We only have 1 week and 1 day before we leave for China!!! We are already getting things packed. We can "check in" 1 suitecase each and there is a 44lb. weight limit. I have already went over that in one suitecase, trying to pack diapers, wipes, a few snacks etc. We have to still pack our clothes, her clothes, etc. I am going to have to re-adjust and remove some things I previously thought we could not live without. We can each "carry on" a suitecase but it can only weigh 11 lbs. One of the suitecases we wanted to take weighed 7.8 lbs with nothing in it! It is the China airlines that have such strick weight limits, not Delta airlines. I'm glad I am off until Friday night, so I can get things organized and ready to go!

4 comments:

  1. Would it be better to try to buy the diapers, wipes, etc once you're in China?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diapers are hard to find in China and the ones you do find are not good --so they say. Babies wear split-pants in China. I think I may be able to find wipes though

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had no trouble finding diapers in China. There are huge wal-marts that have pampers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! That is great to know! We actually called the airline and they said our weight restrictions for international were 2 50lb. bags each (4 total). We plan to take a total of 3 with us. That should give us anough space now!

    ReplyDelete