Thursday, November 18, 2010

Almost home 4 weeks!

She is still doing great!  She can say a few more words every day.  She can now say-- house shoes, say the blessing, amen, ma-ma's coffee, ba-ba's coffee, NO! and probably a few more.  This morning before we ate breakfast, I was blowing on her spoon of oatmeal and she grabbed my hand.  I said wait, wait, ma-ma is cooling it and she said "say the blessing.  That was so sweet.  We usually hold hands and say it before each meal and she was reminding me we had not said it this morning. She always says amen afterwards!  She seems to be regressing in her potty training.  For the first 2 weeks in China and the first 2 weeks home, she did not have any accidents at all.  When we were home for 2 1/2  weeks was when she started having accidents.   She will still tell us when she has to go potty, but by the time we get into the bathroom she has already went or is in the process of going.  So for now I am putting a pull-up on her all of the time. We always re-assure her that we are not mad at her but to please tell us before she goes potty.  I have read several blogs of people who have adopted children her age from China and they mostly all said their children did that too.  I guess she is having to adjust to so much so fast that something has to give.  Otherwise things are doing great!!  She is becoming more and more bold in playing at the playground where, at first, she was really reserved. Oh well she has just woke up from her nap so I better go!

No comments:

Post a Comment